Plants need a little extra care during the cold weather, so today we’ll be talking about some helpful winter gardening tips that are sure to come in handy. Your plants will love you for this!!
Top-5 Winter gardening tips:
- Bring your houseplants inside to protect them from frost. Give a quick wash to your plants and check for pests, remove if you find any.
- Do not fertilize your plants as most of the house plants go dormant and rest during winter.
- Water less often, plants are sleepier during this time and won’t require as much water. Always check your soil before you water.
- Add mulch (leaves, grass clippings, straw, hay, etc) over the soil surface to keep root temperature stable.
- Keep the humidity high. Mist your plants every often (avoid misting hairy plants as they hold water leaving nasty spots on the leaves). You can also use pebble trays, just place some pebbles in a tray and place your plant pots on it to increase the humidity for your plants.
Follow any other winter gardening tips? Let us know in the comments below.