Pests are pretty much inevitable in a garden. No matter what we do, we can never get rid of them completely. But there are a few tricks that can help you reduce their traffic and can drive them away in the first place itself.
Here are a few ways to discourage pests from your plants
- Give your plants some room for air to circulate. Tightly packed plants are very attractive to the pests.
- Remove weeds and plant wastes that can breed pests.
- Water your plants early in the morning to avoid stressing them as damp and stressed plants are much preferred by pests.
- Grow strong-smelling plants (mint, dill, nasturtium, garlic, and onions) that repel insects in between your garden plants.
- Use essential oil (eucalyptus, citronella, peppermint, lavender, and cinnamon) for repelling pests. Use 6-7 drops of essential oil in a liter of water and spray that on the affected plant foliage.
- Use organic pesticides like neem oil that can repel insects and potentially kill them if applied directly onto the pest.
Any other tips? Let us know here!